1. I was born and raised in Montreal but have had an address for a prolonged period of time in 5 other cities. Out of these, Florence is the only city that is not part of my shop collection, as digital photography had not found me yet and somehow I think scanning faded film photographs would not result in pretty wall-art for your home! I’ll have to return – as is my way (and the translation of the Latin name of my shop).
2. I should probably not admit this rather reckless habit…but I tend to throw my camera in my bag or purse without extra protection. That way, no excuses, it's always with me and I'm ready to use it (rather than a camera phone) whenever the mood strikes or opportunity arises.
3. In large part, I owe the development of Veni Etiam to my scientific career. Living in three European countries and attending scientific conferences two or three times a year have allowed me to see places I would not have otherwise travelled to in such a short period of time. Even when travelling on scientific business, I try to plan two days in my schedule for exploring, writing and photographing the place at my leisure. Bonus fact: I wrote for my University blog for almost five years before finally launching my own blog.
4. I love color in all things. You’ll notice from my shop, my Instagram account and glimpses I give you of my personal space that there are no neutral tones and there isn’t much white. I’m known for my pink and purple post-its. My apartment is called the "Pink Palazzo" due to its antique rose walls. Almost none of my Christmas ornaments or dinner plates belong to a uniform set. I live in a very colorful world and I translate that into Veni Etiam. This is possibly related to a neurological trait I have called “synesthesia”. Without color, I just wouldn’t be me.
5. My biggest dream is to be an author – not only a blog writer or scientific author, though I enjoy both tremendously, but to sit my butt down and finish a book, cover to cover, and to have it printed would be my greatest joy.
This was Part 2 of the Birthday Blog Series. Veni Etiam Photography is celebrating its two-year birthday this month. Stay tuned for more of the 7-part blog series and take advantage of the special PAIRDEAL birthday promotion until January 31st.
From my heart to yours.
Thanks for stopping by! #OnTheBlog are the stories behind my prints, posts about my travels, glimpses into my daily life, news about my shop, events in the Montreal community and tips on travel, home and photography.
Follow on Instagram!
MARCH / MARS:
West Elm Montreal Pop Up Shop
APRIL / AVRIL:
Etsy Montreal Spring Show / Marché de printemps
Don't miss out on any special offers.
Shop on Etsy!