Today was the first #fridaycheckin. I sat quietly, without writing anything down or over-analyzing. I thought of my week as a whole, and thought of its effect on my well-being and creativity.
I also looked back on this week's pages in the "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" 365-day desk calendar I bought for 2018. I pulled out the 5 tips that resonated most with me so far. Each of them is a gentle "food for thought", a small step towards a more balanced and peaceful way of living.
Here is an abridged, paraphrased version of my 5 favorite calendar days so far:
1. Know your own value, feel secure in how you are unique and important.
2. Let go of the idea that in order to achieve great things, you need to treat life as a giant hurried emergency that is driven by competition and fear.
3. Approach a day without expectations so that you won't be bothered if things don't go as expected. You'll meet less resistance that way.
4. Your time and energy are your most important assets. Think about who and what nourishes you most and choose to focus more time and energy on those.
5. It takes courage and faith to find your calling. When you follow your heart, the universe confirms your decisions with open doors.
Tell me: How do you make wellness part of your weekly routine?
From my heart to yours.