An important aspect of "traveling smart" is to devote some thought to how you will manage your money while you're abroad.
These tips may seem like common sense, but sometimes we get carried away with everything we have to do before our trip, and our departure date sneaks up on us without having had the time to deal with money matters.
Here are 13 money tips for your peace of mind while you travel internationally.
1. Never change money at the airport
2. Know the exchange rate in advance
3. Don't store all your cash in one place
4. Have enough cash for your first few days (and emergencies)
5. Ask for small denominations
6. Carry more than one bank card
7. Keep your bank cards separate (and know how to report them lost)
8. Know your cards' usage fees
9. Notify your bank before you travel
10. Choose a secure ATM for your withdrawals
11. Familiarize yourself with the currency
12. Check your statements online
13. Use as much change as you can
I always love to hear from you!